History and development
NIBULON’s central office is located in Mykolayiv city which is a regional centre of the southern part of Ukraine. The region is considered to be an agrarian one. According to the historical documents, at the end of the 19th century this region was among the leaders in grain production. In addition, Mykolayiv is an important sea transport crossing.
On April 10, 1862, the State Council adopted a resolution to open MykolayivCommercialPort and to set up the customs office. Mykolayiv has become an important grain export centre. In the ‘80s, the average annual volume of grain for export from MykolayivPort was more than 23 million poods of grain (a "pood" is a Russian measure of weight; 1 pood equals to 16kg). In 1893, a grain elevator was built in Mykolayiv Commercial Port. The grain and bread products were among the basic products exported from Mykolayiv region. The grain export infrastructure was gradually developing, involving more people in the grain trade. Wheat exports in bumper years (1905, 1910) comprised 50 million poods.
The establishment of the Soviet Union and the formation of the planned economy interrupted the trends in the grain trade development. However, after 1917 the region retained its importance in the domestic grain production. After the Second World War, the grain produced in Ukraine, including Mykolayiv region, played an important role in satisfying the aggregate demand for grain crops in the Soviet Union territory.
In 1990, Ukraine confirmed its considerable potential in grain production, having achieved a gross yield of more than 51 million tons of grain at the crop yield of 3.51 tons per hectare. The gross yield of grain crops comprised more than 2.7 million tons at the crop yield of 3.54 tons per hectare in Mykolayiv region. According to many experts, the potential of grain production considerably exceeds a gross yield of grain crops achieved in 1990.
NIBULON, since it was established, went through all the stages of the Ukrainian development, changes in economic, political situation and legislation, having showed its capability to survive and to develop itself stably.
- Ukraine obtains the status of an independent state. The period of transition to market economy begins. Political and legislative changes enable to develop entrepreneurship, including agribusiness. However, the transition problems affected agriculture: the low supply of agricultural machinery, the lack of fuel, seed grain and plant protection agents. The crisis caused a decrease in the crop capacity and gross yield of major crops. In 1991, Ukraine harvested 38.674 million tons of grain at the crop capacity of 2.65 tons per hectare, which was by 24% less than in 1990. Only efficient and competitive agricultural entities manage to survive in the economic crisis and gradual decrease in the governmental support.
- NIBULON Joint Ukrainian-Hungarian-English Agricultural Venture (NIBULON AJV) is established. Together with the General Director O.O.Vadaturskyy, a Hungarian company "KOMBISEED KFT" and English company "Meridian Commodities Ltd." become the company’s co-founders. The company’s name "NIBULON" consists of the first letters of the founders’ cities: NIkolaev, BUdapest, LONdon. NIBULON’s basic activity is to produce and sell hybrid corn and sunflower seeds of foreign origin.
- Ukraine leaves the rouble zone. Karbovanets national currency is introduced.
- NIBULON AJV purchases a kolkhoz-owned formula-feed plant. NIBULON establishes “Vradiyivs’kyy Agricultural Complex” Ltd. to produce mixed fodder and poultry production.
- The Ukrainian economy experiences the period of hyperinflation: the inflation indices achieve a record level. The consumer price index comprises 10256.0 in 1993. At the same time, the payment crisis is aggravating, achieving its peak in February 1994, when the aggregate mutual indebtedness of companies has exceeded the gross industrial output in the country by almost twice as much.
- The economic crisis affects the agricultural sector the most; the agricultural producers lack for production resources and fuel to perform field works. Under the circumstances, NIBULON AJV undertakes an important and, at the same time, risky mission - to supply diesel fuel and gasoline purchased in the foreign market to local farms.
- NIBULON AJV purchases Sabiko JSC in order to set up a production base and machine and tractor station intended for the agricultural machinery purchased abroad.
– Due to the economic crisis, the domestic market is shrinking; food-processing enterprises in the agricultural sector faces the recession in demand for their produce. In particular, a lot of solvent-extraction plants are on the verge of stoppage. Most traders export sunflower seeds in this period. Unlike these exporters, NIBULON AJV exports sunflower oil and meal mostly, thereby providing work to several solvent-extraction plants and increasing the share of processed commodities in the structure of Ukrainian exports. NIBULON AJV performs up to 28% of the sunflower oil exports and up to 30% of the meal exports from Ukraine.
- Currency reform is implemented in Ukraine. Ukrainian Hryvna (UAH) becomes the national currency.
- June 28 - The Constitution of Ukraine is adopted.
- NIBULON AJV is established four branches in Mykolayiv and Lugansk regions. On the basis of the former collective farm (kolkhoz) in Lidiyivka village (Mykolayiv region), the company sets up RE “Lidiyivs’ke” branch that, according to the official document, receives 2,950 hectares of land for permanent use.
- The company establishes five more branches in Lugansk region and one branch in Kharkiv region, thereby reducing the risks when doing agricultural activity. NIBULON AJV purchases German cattle (Angler breed) for a pedigree cattle multiplication farm.
- The world economic crisis is aggravating. The Russian Federation is announced default on the state treasury bonds. Despite inflation in Ukraine, delays in payments by foreign partners, sharp slump in prices for agricultural products, the company succeeds in implementing its aims, namely the development of production capacities, the creation of modern agricultural machinery fleet and the introduction of multiple tillage technology.
- For the first time in Ukraine, a loan under support of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the IBRD) is granted directly to NIBULON AJV. The facility of USD 5 million is directed to implement the export development project. As part of this project, the company purchases agricultural machinery of about USD 9 million. After the successful completion of the program, the IBRD honours NIBULON’s work with a diploma for the most successful activities within the export development project.
- NIBULON AJV establishes three service centres to repair and maintain its machinery and tractor fleet. The company sets up a branch in Khmilnyk district (Vinnytsya region) with the total cultivated land area of more than 2.5 thousand hectares.
- Pursuant to the Decree of the President of Ukraine dated 03.12.1999 No.1529/99 "On Urgent Measures to Speed Up the Reforms in the Agrarian Sector ", all the members of agricultural collective farms are entitled to freely leave these enterprises with their land plots (land shares) and property shares and to create, based thereupon, private (private and leased) enterprises, farms and other types of business based on private property. Instead of collective agricultural enterprises that used to dominate, new organizational and legal forms of business, meeting the market model of the economy, are approved in the agricultural sector. At the same time, the problem of low material and technical support of agrarians aggravates.
- The former collective farm "Shyroke" in Snigurivka district (Mykolayiv region) joins NIBULON AJV.
- NIBULON AJV becomes the main shareholder of "Starobilskyy Elevator" JSC and a shareholder at "Urozhay" JSC and "Krasnodon Grain Enterprise" JSC.
- The former collective farm "Prybuzhany" in Voznesensk district (Mykolayiv region) joins NIBULON AJV. The company harvests 100 thousand tons of grain and oil crops of.
- NIBULON AJV becomes the main shareholder of "Kolosivs’kyy Elevator" JSC, as well as a shareholder at "Popasnyans’ke Grain Storage" JSC.
- The company starts to construct a transshipment terminal for grain and oil crops in Mykolayiv Special (Free) Economic Zone (SEZ). Direct transshipment (cargo transshipment without storage) provides for grain receipt from trucks and rail transport and simultaneous shipment on board a vessel.
- According to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 1038 dated 23.07.2002, the clauses such as 63.11.0 "Cargo Handling" and 63.12.0 "Storage", i.e. the activities carried out by NIBULON’s transshipment terminal, are included in the list of priority economic activities in the territory of Mykolayiv SEZ, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 1175 dated 26.07.2000.
- The company changes its legal organizational form into NIBULON Agricultural Limited Liability Company (NIBULON Ltd), becoming a legal successor of NIBULON AJV. NIBULON’s founders are Oleksiy Opanasovych Vadaturskyy and Andriy Oleksiyovych Vadaturskyy, owning 80% and 20% of the company’s statutory fund respectively.
- NIBULON is officially registered as an entity of Mykolayiv SEZ (Certificate No.7 dated 07.05.2003). In the Special Economic Zone territory, the company implements its investment project to construct the transshipment terminal for grain and oil crops.
- The company obtains loan facilities under the interbank agreements from financial institutions of Denmark and Canada.
- NIBULON puts into operation the facilities for direct transshipment at its transshipment terminal. In August, the company loads the first D.S.Pioneer vessel (Cyprus) with fodder barley at the terminal. This is the first batch of Ukrainian grain of the 2003 harvest exported to Saudi Arabia.
- December. The company puts into operation 2 grain storages with a capacity of 50 thousand tons of grain each, equipped with all the required communication and transport devices.
- August. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine makes a decision to open a checkpoint through the state border to perform international maritime cargo operations on a 24-hour basis at the transshipment terminal.
- December. NIBULON puts into operation a number of additional facilities at the transshipment terminal, such as the U.S.-made drying complex with a capacity of 100 tons per hour with a warehouse of floor grain storage with active ventilation and a capacity of up to 10 thousand tons.
- NIBULON’s transshipment terminal wins first place and a diploma under the category “Industrial facilities” at the contest "Best constructions built and put into operation in 2004 in Ukraine".
- V.A.Yuschenko wins the Presidential Election.
- September 14. NIBULON officially opens an additional grain storage complex with a total capacity of 22 thousand tons constructed during 88 days at the transshipment terminal. The complex is equipped with transport and weighing equipment with a productivity of 700 tons per hour, truck-tippers to unload 20 trucks (with a carrying capacity of 25 tons) per hour. In fact, NIBULON establishes a new mini-enterprise conducting a full cycle of cargo handling from cargo receipt to shipment thereof on board a vessel. On putting into operation the above mentioned equipment, the terminal’s capacity to receive products from road transport increased up to 30 trucks per hour, i.e. up to 15 thousand tons per day.
- October. Recommended by the Ukrainian Grain Association and taking into account high professionalism in the grain sector and considerable contribution to the development of agricultural commodity trade, the Ministry of Agricultural Sector of Ukraine awards an Honorary Diploma to NIBULON under the category "Grain trader of the year".
- November 17. NIBULON wins the all-Ukrainian contest-exhibition "Best domestic product of the year" and is awarded an Honorary Diploma under the category "Construction" and "Transportation services". This contest is held as part of the national exhibition program "Barvysta Ukraina".
- The U.S. House of Representatives cancels applicability of Jackson-Vanik amendment for Ukraine, thus evidencing the acknowledgment of Ukraine as an equal player in the world market.
- May. The company’s management makes a decision to establish “Reshetylivs’ka” branch in Poltava region and “Zolotonis’ka” branch in Cherkasy region and also to construct complexes to receive, dry, store and ship grain in their territories.
- According to the working results in the 2005/06 marketing year, NIBULON is again acknowledged as "Grain trader of the year" in Ukraine. The company exports more than 1.7 million tons of grain.
- August 11. NIBULON starts to construct fully automated and mechanized elevator at “Reshetylivs’ka” branch in Poltava region.
- November 7. NIBULON officially opens the elevator complex that was constructed in less than three months.
The elevator complex has the capacity to dry grain, by using modern U.S. equipment with a productivity of 3 thousand tons per day, to clean grain with a productivity of 2 thousand tons per day, to ship grain on railway transport with a productivity of 3.5 thousand tons per day. The complex facilities are equipped with conveyor transportation systems, electronic weighing equipment; the company establishes a laboratory that has modern European equipment to analyse agricultural commodity quality.
- NIBULON starts to construct the next elevator complex. The total storage capacity will comprise 38.5 thousand tons.
- Simultaneously, the company performs construction works at "Bashtans’ka", "Snigurivs’ka", "Vradiyivs’ka" (Mykolayiv region), and "Khmil’nyk" (Vinnytsya region) branches. NIBULON plans to put into operation more than 100 thousand tons of elevator capacities.
The construction of additional facilities to receive, store and ship grain increases the capability of NIBULON to form high-quality grain batches, and the local producers can cooperate directly with grain exporters, thereby ensuring considerable increase in price received by agricultural producers for their products and opening new perspectives for grain sector development in the regions of NIBULON’s activities.
- December 5. NIBULON is 15 years old.
- December 8. The company celebrates its anniversary together with its friends, partners, and guests, both Ukrainian and foreign ones, at Mykolayiv Regional Palace of Culture.
- February. According to the contest “Man of the Year”, NIBULON’s General Director O.O. Vadaturskyy is acknowledged as “Citizen of the Year (2006)” under the category “Philanthropist of the Year”.
- March. The General Director O.O. Vadaturskyy wins the international contest “Businessman of the Year (2006)" under the category "Master of business". The contest is carried out by Ernst and Young auditing company involving the management of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in Ukraine, London Stock Exchange in CIS, the Ukrainian Union of Industrialists and Businessmen, Ukrainian leading companies and organizations.
- NIBULON establishes “Sukhorabivs’ka” branch in Poltava region. More than 1,500 hectares of land are cultivated there.
- April. For the first time, as part of the International Conference “Black Sea Grain”, NIBULON organizes a business tour to its branches. The conference participants are the biggest Ukrainian and foreign banks, management of sea ports, trading, insurance and consulting companies. As part of the business tour, the participants visit NIBULON’s transshipment terminal, “Prybuzhanivs’ka”, “Vradiyivs’ka”, RE “Lidiyivs’ke” branches and “AK Vradiyivs’kyy” Ltd.
- NIBULON modernizes agricultural machinery. The best machine-operators at “Snigurivs’ka” branch are officially presented with keys to new combines.
The branch receives 10 CASE-2388 combines, grain and corn reaping machines, 5 shredding machines, 17 Belarus 920 tractors, 4 machines for fertilizer application, and tractor-drawn implements for machinery of foreign and domestic production.
- June. The President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko visits Mykolayiv region. He visits the fields of “Snigurivs’ka” branch. The President notes good condition of crops. The branch fields differ from other fields in Snigurivka district because of strict compliance with the agricultural technologies used at the branch.
- May 31-June 2. A business tour “Ports of Ukraine – 2007” is organized by APK on the route Velyka Odesa - Mykolayiv (the south regions of Ukraine). NIBULON receives the participants at its own transshipment terminal. Among the participants there are representatives of grain trading companies from Kazakhstan (Holding Kazeksportastyk, Food Contract Corporation, S.T.K. company”, “GK Sarybai”), Russia (Rusgrain Holding), France (France Export Cereals) and Egypt (AL ASSYL MILLS CO.).
- NIBULON officially puts into operation the next complex of “Reshetylivs’ka” branch”. As a result, the grain storage volume is increased by 27.5 thousand tons, and the total elevator capacity comprises 38.5 thousand tons (7 capacities). The modern U.S.-made equipment used at the elevator enables to dry grain with a productivity of 2.5 thousand tons per day and to clean it with a productivity of 2 thousand tons per day.
NIBULON signs contracts for land lease on the area of 5,250 hectares and establishes “Kamyanets’-Podil’s’ka” branch in Khmelnytskyy region.
- August. Based on the results of the contest for the best facilities built and put into operation in the territory of Ukraine in 2006, organized by the Ministry of Construction, Architecture, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine, NIBULON is ranked in third place under the category “Industrial facilities” and receives a 3rd degree Diploma for the project “The improvement of the complex to receive and ship grain of “Reshetylivs’ka” branch” in Poltava region and the complex to dry and clean grain of “AK Vradiyivs’kyy” Ltd. in Mykolayiv region.
- The company’s management decides to establish “Chygyryn” branch in Cherkasy region. The cultivated land area at this branch is more than 4,400 hectares.
- September. NIBULON opens a new complex to receive and store grain in Voznesenske village of Zolotonosha district (Cherkasy region). The elevator is a modern automated facility equipped with new high-capacity equipment to dry, clean and transport grain crops. The drying complex capacity is up to 2.5 thousand tons per day. The total elevator capacity is 66 thousand tons. The total construction cost is USD 10 million.
- October. NIBULON is ranked in first place among the Ukrainian grain exporters and is rewarded with an Honorary Diploma of the Ministry of Agricultural Sector of Ukraine under the category “Grain trader of the year”. In 2006/07 MY, the company ensures grain export shipments of more than 1.7 million tons of grain.
- November. By the Decree of the President of Ukraine, O. Vadaturskyy is conferred the title of Hero of Ukraine for personal contribution to the consolidation of the agricultural complex potential, the organization and achievement of high results in the agricultural commodity production and the development of social sphere.
- December. NIBULON wins the National contest “Philanthropist of the Year” under the category “Philanthropist of the year in Mykolayiv egion”.
NIBULON starts to sign agreements for land lease in Sumy, Zhytomyr and Khmelnytskyy regions.
- February. NIBULON’s General Director becomes “Man of the Year (2007)” according to the results of Mykolayiv Municipal Program “Citizen of the Year”.
- The training centre starts working at NIBULON’s transshipment terminal.
- March. The President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko visits “Zolotonis’ka” branch.
- NIBULON modernizes machinery. The best machine operators at “Snigurivs’ka” branch receive keys to 12 new CASE tractors.
- April. Together with leading managers and businessmen in Ukraine, Oleksiy Vadaturskyy accompanies the President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko during his official tour to Libya.
- As part of the fifth International Conference “Black Sea Grain 2008”, NIBULON organizes a business tour to its branches for the second time. The guests visit “Zolotonis’ka” (Cherkasy region) and “Reshetylivs’ka” (Poltava region) branches and also the fields of “Chygyryn” branch.
- NIBULON officially starts to construct a new elevator of “Smotrych” branch in Kamyanka village (Kamyanets-Podilskyy district, Khmelnytskyy region). Upon the construction completion, the elevator capacity comprises 66 thousand tons of grain.
- May. The representatives of the World Bank for Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus visit “Vradiyivs’ka”, “Zolotonis’ka” branches and “AK Vradiyivs’kyy”. The purpose of their visit is to analyse production potential of the Ukrainian agricultural producers.
- NIBULON establishes two new branches such as “Bystryts’ka” and “Chudnivs’ka” in Zhytomyr region.
- June. The first specialized conference of the Ukrainian grain producers organized by Canadian-Ukrainian Grain Project together with NIBULON is held on the basis of “Snigurivs’ka” branch and NIBULON’s transshipment terminal.
- The company continues to modernize machinery and purchases 9 Massey Fergusson combines.
- July. NIBULON officially opens its new elevator of “Smotrych” branch in Kamyanka village (Kamyanets-Podilsk district, Khmelnytskyy region).
The theoretical capacity of the elevator is 66 thousand tons of grain. The capacity, if two types of grain crops are received simultaneously, comprises up to 6 thousand tons per day; the capacity of simultaneous drying of two different grain crops is 2 thousand tons per day, and the rapeseed drying capacity is up to 700 tons. The total investment in this project comprises UAH 65 million.
- September. NIBULON, adhering to its charity traditions, presents the pupils of Mykolayiv schools No. 24, 51, 57 with new computerized classrooms and interactive boards. Pupils of more than 70 company-sponsored schools in NIBULON’s respective regions receive sets of balls and an electronic version of the book “My Favourite Mykolayiv city” in English and Russian.
- The company continues to modernize machinery at its branches. In autumn, its tractor fleet receives ten new Case tractors and nine Belarus ones. According to the General Director O. Vadaturskyy, the company’s strategic plan is to re-equip its tractor fleet completely within 3-4 years.
- October. NIBULON establishes new “Pryseymivs’ka” branch in Sumy region (Mutyn village).
- December. NIBULON’s General Director Oleksiy Vadaturskyy is rewarded with an Honorary Diploma “Man of the Year in Mykolayiv region (2007)” under the category “Charity” for the implementation of humanitarian programs and the allocation of material assistance to the cultural and social institutions of the region.
NIBULON is acknowledged as the winner of the municipal contest “Philanthropist of the Year (2008)” under the category “Big business”.
- February. NIBULON’s Deputy General Director of Commerce Andriy Vadaturskyy is awarded the title of Man of the Year (2008) under the category “Entrepreneurship”.
- March. NIBULON wins the United Nations (UN) tender for the delivery of food grain to the markets in Africa and North Korea. This is the first case when the Ukrainian company participates in such tenders.
- March 30. NIBULON is ranked in first place in the second National Maritime Rating of Ukraine under the category “Growth rate” among private stevedoring companies and is ranked in second place under the category “Absolute growth”.
- April. NIBULON starts to implement its largest investment project at a cost of USD 150 million. The project includes the construction of elevators and river terminals, non-self-propelled vessels and tugs.
- April 2. Okean shipyard and NIBULON sign a protocol to entry into force contracts for construction of 16 non-self-propelled vessels of mixed navigation (river-sea) designed for transportation of both general and bulk cargoes.
- April 28. The company completes to re-equip its agricultural machinery. NIBULON purchased 22 tractors, 6 CASE combines, 22 Belarus tractors, 10 LEMKEN cultivators and also 6 LEMKEN and Albatros spraying machines.
- June 1. NIBULON establishes new branches in Poltava region – “Romodan” (Romodan village in Myrgorod district) and “Globyns’ka” (Globyno town in Globyne district) branches.
- June 3. Okean shipyard officially launches 4 barges as part of NBULON’s investment project. The companies’ managers sign a statement to supply and start steel cutting to perform manufacturing orders No. 159, 160, 161, 162 in order to construct the next four non-self-propelled vessels of mixed navigation (river-sea) for transporting general and bulk cargoes.
- July -August. As part of NIBULON’s investment project, the company starts to construct the first three elevators and river terminals. New complexes to receive, store and ship grain and oil crops are located in Globyne town (Globyne district, Poltava region), in Romodan village (Myrgorod district, Poltava region) and in Vitove village (Chygyryn district, Cherkasy region).
- August. As part of the investment project, 4 non-self-propelled barges are launched.
- October 17. The President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko takes part in the official opening of the transshipment terminal in Vitove village (Chygyryn district, Cherkasy region). The President highly appreciates NIBULON activities and calls NIBULON’s project as a “good mood project”.
- October 20. NIBULON’s four non-self-propelled vessels are launched at Okean shipyard.
- October 30. As part of the investment project, the next two elevator complexes to receive, store and ship grain and oil crops are put into operation in Globyne town and Romodan village (Myrgorod district, Poltava region).
- November. By the Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 927/2009 dated 13.11.2009, Deputy General Director A.O.Vadaturskyy is conferred the title of Honoured Agricultural Worker for personal contribution to the development of the Ukrainian agricultural sector, the achievement of high results in the agricultural commodity production. NIBULON’s chief accountant S.O. Shulika receives the honorary title of Honoured Economist of Ukraine.
- December 26. NIBULON starts to construct a new transshipment terminal for grain and oil crops in Kamyanka-Dniprovska town (Zaporizhzhya region).
- December 30. NIBULON’s non-self-propelled fleet consists of 14 non-self-propelled vessels.
- February 12. Two non-self-propelled vessels are launched at Okean shipyard in Mykolayiv city. This event marks the completion of the contract for construction of 16 non-self-propelled vessels, signed by the management of NIBULON and Okean shipyard on March 06, 2009.
- March 12. NIBULON starts to construct a new transshipment terminal for shipment of grain and oil crops on river transport in Gradyzk town (Globyno district, Poltava region).
- March 20. NIBULON is a winner under the category “Investment of the year” of the 14th national program “Man of the Year (2009)”.
- March 25. NIBULON becomes a laureate of the National Maritime Rating under four categories such as “Fleet renovation”, “Golden berth”, “Absolute growth”, “Growth rate”.
- April 8. The company starts to construct a new elevator complex to receive, store and ship grain and oil crops in Artemivka village (Chutovo district, Poltava region).
- April 16. NIBULON’s four new non-self-propelled vessels are launched at Okean shipyard; NIBULON and Okean shipyard sign a contract for tug construction.
- April 26. Prybuzhanivskyy tug with the non-self-propelled vessel are bound for “Vitove” branch (Chygyryn district, Cherkasy region) to be loaded.
- April 30. NIBULON officially opens a new transshipment terminal for shipment of grain and oil crops on river transport in Kamyanka-Dniprovska town (Zaporizhzhya region).
- June 1. The company decides to establish “Mriya” branch in Sokil village (Kamyanets-Podilskyy district, Khmelnytskyy region).
- June 25. NIBULON officially puts into operation a new fully automated river terminal for grain and oil crops in Gradyzk town (Globyne district, Poltava region).
- June 29. NIBULON opens a new elevator complex to receive grain and oil crops in Artemivka village (Chutоvo district, Poltava region).
- June 30. NIBULON’s four new non-self-propelled vessels of mixed (river-sea) navigation are launched, and the prototype pusher tug is keel-laid at Okean shipyard in Mykolayiv city.
- September 20. The official delegation of the EBRD headed by the Director of the European Commission Vassili Lelakis visits NIBULON’s transshipment terminal.
- September 21. Mykolayiv Regional Organization of Heroes is established on the basis of the company’s transshipment terminal.
- September 28. NIBULON starts to construct a new river terminal to receive grain and oil crops in Kremenchuk town (Poltava region).
- September 30. The U.S. Grain Council delegation visits the transshipment terminal of the company within the framework of a business tour.
- October 9. The company opens a new elevator complex to receive grain and oil crops in Maryanivka village (Grebinky district, Poltava region).
- October 19. The official ceremony of keel-laying of NIBULON’s second and third tugs takes place at Okean shipyard (Mykolayiv city).
- October 20. NIBULON officially starts to construct a new transshipment terminal in Nova Odesa town (Mykolayiv region).
- October 28. NIBULON represented by the General Director Oleksiy Vadaturskyy and Deputy General Director Andriy Vadaturskyy participates in the EBRD meeting (London, Great Britain). The subject of the meeting is the situation in the main world grain markets.
- November 23-25. NIBULON’s General Director Oleksiy Vadaturskyy participates in the Ukrainian-Egyptian business forum chaired by the President and the Prime Minister of Egypt, the Prime Minister of Ukraine and with the participation of the relevant ministries and representatives of Ukrainian business. During the forum NIBULON and Cairo Three A (Egypt) sign a memorandum on further cooperation and supply of Ukrainian corn and wheat to Egypt in 2011.
- December 9. The book “Stars of the first magnitude. Agribusiness of Ukraine” published due to NIBULON’s support is presented at the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences (Kyiv city).
- December 29. NIBULON completes construction of the transshipment terminal in Kremenchuk town (Poltava region). The construction completion is confirmed by a statement signed by the state regulatory authorities, heads of contractors and NIBULON’s representatives.
- January. According to the rating “GVardiya of the managers - 2010”, Oleksiy Vadaturskyy is acknowledged as the most successful manager in Ukraine in 2010.
- March 24. The official victory ceremony of the fourth National Maritime Rating of Ukraine is held in Odesa city. Oleksiy Vadaturskyy enters the top five winners under the category “Man of the year for water transport in Ukraine”.
- April. NIBULON puts into operation the transshipment terminal of “Novoodes’ka” branch (Mykolayiv region).
- May. NIBULON takes 192nd place in the “Rating of TOP-500 largest companies in Central and Eastern Europe “, having outrun other agrarian companies in Ukraine.
- May. According to the rating of corporate social responsibility (CSR) of the All-Ukrainian rating magazine “GVardiya”, NIBULON becomes the best among agricultural companies and is ranked in fifth place in the commodity production sector.
- May 12. NIBULON becomes a member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine.
- May 31. One of the six NIBULON’s tugs of POSS-115 project - NIBULON-1 is launched at Okean shipyard.
- June 16. Credit Agricole Bank management visits NIBULON’s facilities. The delegation consists of the Chairman of the Supervisory Board François Pinchon, the Chairman of the Management Board Philip Gidez, the Board Member Larysa Bondareva and the Agricultural Adviser Jean-Jacques Herve.
- June. Oleksiy Vadaturskyy is ranked in fourth place in the national rating “Best top managers of Ukraine. Tactics and strategy” and second place in the sectoral rating “TOP-5. Agribusiness” published in the magazine “Rating TOP-100 ”.
-July 26. The World Bank Country Director for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova Martin Raiser visits NIBULON’s branches in Mykolayiv region.
- August 26. NIBULON officially starts to construct a new elevator complex of “Teteriv” branch in Velyki Korovyntsi village (Zhytomyr region) with the participation of the Head of Zhytomyr State Regional Administration Sergiy Ryzhyk.
- September 5. NIBULON officially starts to construct a new elevator complex of “Denyhivs’ka” branch (in Denyhivka village, Kyiv region) with the participation of the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary in Denmark to Ukraine Michael Borg-Hansen.
- September. In the rating “TOP-500 largest companies of Central and Eastern Europe” held by Deloitte audit and consulting company, NIBULON becomes a leader among the agrarian companies for several consecutive years, having strengthened its position in the rating.
- November 15. NIBULON officially opens “Teteriv” branch in Velyki Korovyntsi village, Zhytomyr region.
- December 1. NIBULON officially opens a new modern elevator complex of “Denyhivs’ka” branch.
- December 5. NIBULON celebrates its 20th anniversary!
- December. According to the results of the rating project "GVardiya": Rating of the most successful managers in Ukraine", Oleksiy Vadaturskyy becomes a winner in the sectoral rating among the managers of agricultural companies for the third consecutive year.
- December 16. NIBULON’s third POSS-115 project tug is launched.
- February 25. A victory ceremony of the sixteenth municipal program "Citizen of the year (2011)" is held at the Regional Palace of Culture. The Deputy General Director of Construction Sergiy Besedin is a winner under the category "Construction" and receives the honorary title of Citizen of the Year (2011).
- March 19. The meeting of the regional rating committee to determine the winners of the first round of the All-Ukrainian rating "Prompt taxpayers - 2011" is held. NIBULON wins the first round of the rating and becomes a nominee in the second round under the category “Prompt taxpayer in the agricultural sector”.
- March 23. A victory ceremony of the 5th National Maritime Rating of Ukraine summarizing the results of 2011 is held in Odesa city. NIBULON’s General Director Oleksiy Vadaturskyy takes fourth place under the category "Man of the year for water transport". NIBULON is the only laureate under the category "Golden berth" and is the winner under the category “Fleet renovation” for the second consecutive year. In addition, the company is ranked in fifth place under the category "Forwarder of the year." The experts also note NIBULON’s activity to develop river transport infrastructure.
- April 3. NIBULON starts to construct a new transshipment terminal of “Kozats’ka” branch in Kozatske village (Beryslav district, Kherson region).
- April 11. NIBULON starts to construct a river transshipment terminal of “Pereyaslavs’ka” branch in Chyrs’ke village (Pereyaslav-Khmelnytskyy district, Kyiv region).
- July 5. NIBULON officially puts into operation the transshipment terminal of “Kozats’ka” branch (Kherson region).
- July 25. The World Bank Country Director for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova Qimiao Fan visits NIBULON’s transshipment terminal within the first official visit to Mykolayiv city.
- July 26. NIBULON officially puts into operation the transshipment terminal of “Pereyaslavs’ka” branch (Kyiv region).
- August 12. According to the results of the contest for the best facilities built and put into operation in 2011, NIBULON’s “Teteriv” branch, a complex to receive, store and ship grain crops, is a winner under the category “Farm building facilities”.
- September 26. The EBRD official delegation visits NIBULON’s elevator complex of “Globyns’ka” branch (Poltava region).
- October 25. Oleksiy Vadaturskyy wins the National Transport Rating “Man of the year in the transportation industry” under the categories “Best Ukrainian company” and “Construction of hydrotechnical facilities”.
- December 5. The company celebrates its 21st anniversary.
- December 6. St. Mykolai floating crane is keel-laid at SNC shipyard (Constanta, Romania).
- December 10. NIBULON’s General Director Oleksiy Vadaturskyy and the EBRD Country Director for Ukraine André Küüsvek sign a loan agreement for allocation of a syndicated loan of USD 125 million to NIBULON.
- February 23. As part of the 7th city program “Citizen of the year (2013)”, NIBULON’s Deputy General Director of Personnel Larysa Buryk wins the honorary title of Citizen of the Year under the category “Charity”.
- March 28. As part of the 6th National Maritime Rating of Ukraine, NIBULON becomes a prize-winner under several categories, such as “Man of the year for water transport, “New terminal” and “Absolute growth”. NIBULON is the only prize-winner under the category “Golden berth” for three consecutive years.
- May 23. As part of the All-Ukrainian rating “Prompt taxpayers in 2012”, NIBULON wins among large agricultural companies.
- July 26. St. Mykolai floating crane, the largest and up-to-date one in the Black Sea and the MediterraneanBasins, is officially “christened” at Santierul Naval Constanta shipyard (Romania).
- December 5. NIBULON starts to construct its own fleet, namely POSS-115 project tugs (NIBULON-5 and NIBULON-6) at its own shipbuilding and repair yard.
- December 5. The company celebrates its 22nd anniversary.
- June 10. The company launches the POSS-115 projecttug NIBULON-5 at NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard.
- August 21. NIBULON launches NIBULON-6 tug, puts into operation NIBULON-5 tug and keel-lays the first three tugs of 121 project at NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard under the chairmanship of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.
- October 13. NIBULON has a double celebration: putting into operation of the POSS-115 project tug NIBULON-6 and the visit of the Holy Patriarch of Kyiv and All-Rus’ Ukraine Filaret to NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard.
- October 17. The Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk visits NIBULON’s “Reshetylivs’ka” branch within his working tour to Poltava region.
- November 24. As part of the 5th Ukrainian Grain Congress, a round table to discuss problems of logistics and grain cargo certification is held at NIBULON’s transshipment terminal of “Pereyaslavs’ka” branch.
- February 3. The elevator of “Reshetylivs’ka” branch (Poltava region) reaches the 1-million-tonn mark of grain received since it was established – since November 2006.
- February 16. NIBULON starts to construct three non-self-propelled vessels (NBL-91 project) at its own NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard.
- February 28. NIBULON’s General Director, Hero of Ukraine Oleksiy Vadaturskyy wins Mykolayiv city program “City Dweller of the Year” under the category “Assistance to the Ukrainian army” and Deputy General Director of Fleet Navigation, Fleet Construction and Navigation Safety Andriy Volik – under the category “Industry and transport”).
- March 5. Representatives of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations visit the transshipment terminal of “Pereyaslavs’ka” branch (Kyiv region).
- March 19. The elevator complexes of “Reshetylivs’ka” branch (Poltava region) and “Zolotonis’ka” branch (Cherkasy region) reach the 1-million-ton mark of grain each.
- March 24-25. NIBULON’s General Director participates in the Ukrainian-American Agrarian Congress in the USA in order to search for the ways of Ukraine’s agrarian potential implementation.
- March 26. Winners of the 8th National Maritime Rating of Ukraine are awarded in Odesa. Organizers of the event are Ports of Ukraine magazine and BlackSeaTrans information and analytical center. NIBULON is a laureate under the categories “Golden berth 2014”, “Fleet renovation 2014”.
- April 23-28. NIBULON launches the first two tugs (121 project) – Kozatskyi and Pereiaslavskyi at NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard.
- June 16. NIBULON’s General Director Oleksiy Vadaturskyy meets with the Chairman of the Supervisory Board and the Owner of the Soufflet Group Michel Soufflet.
- July 6. The Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine Oleksiy Pavlenko visits NIBULON’s facilities.
- July 31. NIBULON launches its first non-self-propelled vessel (NBL-91 project) at NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard.
- August 21. The Minister of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine Oleksiy Pavlenko, the Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine Andriy Pyvovarskyy, representatives of “Ukrzaliznytsa”, the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, and also key agro-export companies and grain producers take part in the meeting at NIBULON’s transshipment terminal in Pereyaslav-Khmelnytskyy.
September 29. NIBULON officially presents the keys from eight Fendt-936 tractors to its best machine operators at “Snigurivs’ka” branch.
October 16. The President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko visits NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard and participates in a number of events being important for Mykolayiv region.
October 22. NIBULON itself starts dredging the Southern Bug from Sapetnya village.
October 23. NIBULON officially lays its new transshipment terminal of “Prybuzhanivs’ka” branch in Buzke village (Voznesensk district, Mykolayiv region).
December 3. The trade logistics delegation from the World Bank Group visits NIBULON.
May 19. The company launched the first out of eight non-self-propelled vessels of the B2000 project intended for operation on the Southern Bug River at NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard.
July 3. NIBULON put into operation the new hi-tech transshipment terminal at “Voznesens’ka” branch. The construction of this terminal lasted 100 days.
NIBULON is headed by the General Director Oleksiy Vadaturskyy since it was founded.